- Create board games with individual squares to create a colorful adventure like Candy Land.
- Use them as Word Family guides. I love the ones with a hole in them...this is perfect for students to explore new words that belong in the same word family.
- Colorful flashcards...update those BoRiNg index cards and use colorful paint chips instead. Keep them together with a hole punch and a binder ring.
- Answer card- Get the kind with 4 shades on one paint sample. Have students write A,B,C, and D one in each square. Then take a paperclip and put it on the top. Students can slide the paperclip to their answer choice and show by raising them in the air.
- WORD CHOICE- Get enough for each child to have one sample with numerous colors on it (vary depending on age level). Each student randomly gets one and has to write a story using all of the paint color names, then highlight, share and glue paint chip as "illustration"
- Retelling graphic organizer. The students label the colors with marker "First, Next, Last". Then turn it over and they retell the story by writing on the back.
- Make mini journals with the front cover being the paint chip sample.
- Bookmarks! Quick little hole punch and an adorable ribbon as the finishing touch.
- Holiday Crafts/decorating...turkey with paint chip feathers. Colorful pastel Easter egg garland.
- Cards- Great for a letter writing unit or Valentine's day cards
- Mini book of coupons for students or a Father's Day gift book.
- I make chain links VERY OFTEN...see discipline label for more information.
- Puppets for Readers Theater Puppet Show.
|Contractions...make and fold|
|Easter egg garland.|
|Bookmarks...my kids are obsessed!|
|For letter writing unit or Valentines day/Mother's Day card.|
|I love the mini journals at the bottom of this picture.|
|Word Families...great for reinforcing phonics|
|Puppets in the upper left hand corner of pic|
|Word Choice words, using a Thesaurus|
|Have your class earn compliments to make a chain.|
|Put "a-d" on the card. Children slide a paperclip to show you the answer.|
|Word choice. they come up with a dull word and make it brighter.|
|They write contractions|