- At each of the five corners post one of each of these- "0". "1/2"/ "1/3", 1/4", and "1".
- Then pass out a fraction card to each student.
- They look at their card and decide which of the 5 numbers their fraction is closest to. They are required to use manipulatives at their desk showing their answer choice before moving to their corner.
- Then we eliminate and discuss those that got theirs wrong. The game continues until there is a winner.
- Each new round...pass out new fraction cards. ( I like to have those at their seat still play, just not get up and move)
Four Corners Fractions...actually 5
My students are obsessed with Four Corners...so I thought how about incorporating this game into fractions!!!! So here is what I came up with: