Word Families

We are about to embark on studying word families this week. I wanted a fun and interactive way to get "buy in" from my students. So I thought about it literally...families. Families live in a house and therefore we are going to be incorporating a house into their word family project this week. 
Here are a few pics that I have done in the past:
I love this one, but it takes longer. I had the shapes precut and they simply glued them together. Then they drew on top of them.
This one is fun. We did it around halloween and had it as a halloween bulletin board. They got to draw on the house with white crayon which always makes them excited since they never use this color crayon. The tough part is cutting the flaps. 
Here is a pre-made worksheet I did one year which is much faster and could be done in whole group in just a few minutes :) Click on the house to take you to download a copy.